- Preheat the broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan about 5 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot.
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
- Rub tuna with lemon juice and season with a little salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet on the stovetop. Healthy Sauté scallion, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms in broth for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Add orange juice and cook for another 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and cilantro.
- Using a hot pad, pull out broiler pan and place tuna in hot pan and return pan to broiler. Keep in mind it is cooking rapidly on both sides, so it is done very quickly, usually in 2-3 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Place tuna on plates and pour mushroom sauce over each piece. Or you can lay a bed of mushroom sauce on each plate and place tuna on top.
- Napa Cabbage Salad
- Seaweed Rice
15 Minute Asian Tuna
|vitamin B3||18.10 mg||113.1||7.9||excellent|
|vitamin B6||1.69 mg||99.4||7.0||excellent|
|vitamin K||78.25 mcg||86.9||6.1||excellent|
|vitamin B1||0.84 mg||70.0||4.9||very good|
|copper||0.53 mg||58.9||4.1||very good|
|vitamin C||43.52 mg||58.0||4.1||very good|
|pantothenic acid||2.80 mg||56.0||3.9||very good|
|phosphorus||377.76 mg||54.0||3.8||very good|
|vitamin B12||0.88 mcg||36.7||2.6||good|
|vitamin D||100.05 IU||25.0||1.8||good|
Density>=7.6 AND DRI/DV>=10%
|very good||DRI/DV>=50% OR
Density>=3.4 AND DRI/DV>=5%
Density>=1.5 AND DRI/DV>=2.5%